IOGEAR USB Smart Card Reader GSR202
CAC Reader / Smart Card Reader
The IOGEAR GSR202 is a TAA compliant USB Common Access Card Reader for military, government and even private sector workers who need everyday access to secure systems. Common Access Card (CAC) or Smart Card readers are used as a communications medium between the Smart Card and a host (e.g. a computer, point-of-sale terminal, network system, etc.) in secure systems such as those used by government, banking and health care.
IOGEAR's USB Common Access Card Readers require the card to be inserted directly into the reader where electrical contacts retrieve the data stored in the card’s chipset. IOGEAR’s physical contact readers are less prone to misalignment, which helps to eliminate the possibility of being misread.
- Suitable for applications in government, healthcare, banking, entertainment, and secure network login
- Supports multiple Smart Card protocols
- FIPS-201 Compliant: Meets US Federal Information Processing Standard Publication 201*
- EMV 2000 Level 1 approved and support 3V and 5V cards
- Designed for use with CAC software**
- ISO7816 implementation - Class A, B, and C (5V / 3V / 1.8V) Card
- USB 2.0 connection to increase reliability and ease of operation
- Speed: 825kbps
- Portable design
- Power / scan LED indicator
- *R-TRE.1: Follows the ISO7816-2 standard
- R-TRE.2: GSR202 conforms to the reader-to-host system interface of Personal computer/smart card (PC/SC) spec
- R-TRE.3: Support Class A operating class as defined in ISO/IEC 7816-3: 1997 and ISO/IEC 7816-3:1997/Amd 1:2002
- R-TRE.4: Support both T=0 and T=1 transmission protocol which is defined in ISO/IEC 7816-3:1997
- R-TRE.5: Not generate the programming Voltage
- R-TRE.6: Data retrieved from the PIV readers shall be the data that was written on each card
- R-TRE.13: Data format for physical readers shall consist of the 2 parity bits, agency code, system code and credential code elements of the FASC-N along with the expiration date (YYYYMMDD) from the CHUID as defined by appendix A of NIST SP 800-73.
**CAC Middleware is not included