Netgear RAX80 Nighthawk AX8 AX6000 WiFi 6 Router
The NETGEAR Nighthawk 8-Stream AX6000 WiFi Router (RAX80) supports the new 802.11ax (also known as Wi-Fi 6) WiFi standard. Engineered to deliver up to four times more data capacity than previous standards, AX WiFi features advanced technologies like OFDMA, MU-MIMO, 160MHz channel support and 1024 QAM to vastly improve network efficiency. The Nighthawk AX8 is powered by a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor designed to transfer gigabits of data with almost zero CPU load. 160MHz channel support doubles the speed offered by 80MHz channels to provide gigabit speed to compatible devices. This router is the industry’s first home router with Multi-Gig internet support, achieved by aggregating two gigabit Ethernet ports. It's a router that's ready for the Multi-Gig Internet wave coming in DOCSIS 3.1.
- Ultra-fast Wireless Speeds—8-Stream WiFi with up to 1.2 + 4.8Gbps
- More WiFi for More Devices—Uplink and downlink OFDMA substantially improves network capacity and efficiency, particularly when that traffic is created simultaneously.
- Up to Four Simultaneous WiFi Streams—4-stream MU-MIMO enables streaming on up to four 1x1 devices at the same time.
- 160MHz Channel Support—Gigabit speeds for compatible mobile devices and laptops.
- Additional DFS Channels—For an interference-free experience.
- Powerful Processor—64bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor ensures smooth 4K UHD streaming and gaming.
- Multi-Gig Internet Support—Aggregate two gigabit Ethernet ports to get multi-gig Internet speeds, where supported.
- Six Gigabit Ports—Connect more wired devices for faster file transfer and uninterrupted connections.
- Support All Current WiFi Devices—Backward compatible with 802.11a/b/g/n/ac client devices.
- Dynamic QoS— Prioritizes internet traffic by application and device for smoother streaming
- Nighthawk App—Easily set up your router and get more out of your WiFi. Includes remote access to manage your network when away from home.
- Automatic Firmware Updates—Delivers the latest security patches to the router.
- Works with Amazon Alexa and the Google Assistant—Control your WiFi using voice commands.
8-Stream WiFi - Network Efficiency and Faster Speeds
8 WiFi streams (four in the 2.4GHz band and four in the 5GHz band) offer four times the device capacity as compared to typical 2x2 AC WiFi. More WiFi streams per band greatly increases the amount of data the router sends to and receives from devices because more bandwidth is available and there is less congestion for all the devices on the network. With reliable connections to all connected devices, now more devices than ever before can simultaneously be on your network.
Gigabit WiFi to Mobile Devices
Ideal for gigabit WiFi, Nighthawk AX8 is one of the first routers to support WAN port aggregation, which allows for combining two gigabit Ethernet ports and deliver more than one gigabit of Internet speed to your home. Pair with compatible NETGEAR cable modems supporting Multi-Gig internet speeds. Support for 160MHz enabled mobile devices and laptops (Intel Gigabit Wi-Fi enabled devices) allows the AX8 to stream at gigabit speeds to these devices. Stream your favorite TV shows and movies in high definition, to more devices.
Improved Network Capacity for More WiFi Devices
Orthogonal Frequency-Division Multiple Access (OFDMA) enables efficient data scheduling so that more transmissions can be sent at the same time, resulting in an impressive capacity increase in your network. This increased or available bandwidth allows you to add more devices to your network. Nighthawk AX8 supports uplink and downlink OFDMA to efficiently use air-time with better frequency reuse, reduced latency, and increased network efficiency. This is extremely useful for latency sensitive applications such as virtual reality (VR), augmented reality (AR) and Internet of things (IoT) sensors.
Powerful Performance at the Core
Nighthawk AX8 is powered by a 64-bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor designed to transfer gigabits of data with almost zero CPU load. Robust processing power provides the best performance across all wired and wireless interfaces. An additional quad-core co-processor handles all Multi-Gig LAN-WAN traffic, ensuring the main processor is available for all other applications. High-speed simultaneous connections ensure you enjoy smoother ultra-HD 4K video streaming and gaming without interruptions.
This next-generation router design conceals four high-performance antennas under its 'wings'. The antennas are optimally positioned for best WiFi performance, extending reliable and stronger WiFi coverage indoors and outdoors. The Nighthawk AX8 router is also wall-mountable.
WIFI TECHNOLOGY ||
802.11ax Dual Band WiFi (AX6000)|
Simultaneous dual band 2.4 & 5GHz|
Beamforming+ — Boosts speed, reliability and range of WiFi Connections for 2.4 and 5GHz|
Six (6) 10/100/1000 Mbps Gigabit Ethernet ports (1 WAN & 5 LAN)
Dual Gigabit Ethernet Port Aggregation
Two (2) USB 3.0 ports
Powerful 64bit 1.8GHz quad-core processor|
A Wi-Fi 6 router - Leading the New Era of WiFi
Uplink & Downlink OFDMA—Improved capacity and efficiency
1024-QAM—25% data efficiency and faster speeds than a 256-QAM router
Powerful 64bit Quad-Core 1.8GHz Processor
Standards-based WiFi Security (802.11i, 128-bit AES encryption with PSK)
Automatic firmware update delivers latest security patches to the router
Guest network access—separate & secure
VPN Support—Secure access to your home network away from home
Folded size: 273 x 202 x 72 mm
Unfolded size: 305 x 202 x 161 mm